Following the historic Hurricane Fiona, PEI Connectors is here to help, and we want to keep you updated. Here are important announcements being made by the province of PEI that you should be aware of:
The province announced a Wage Rebate For Impacted Workers.
100 per cent wage rebate for businesses while closed due to power outage or significant physical damage which made operating impossible, and,
The Business was not earning Revenue at the time.
For the next two weeks, this program will allow employers to pay employees up to a maximum of $25/hr to a max of $1000 per week per employee.
- This has been expanded to include the self-employed and those in the Gig Sector.
The Province has activated the Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program. This program is open to individuals, but also to small businesses, not-for-profit organizations and municipal governments
- To help with costs to repair or replace uninsurable, essential basic property loss due to disasters.
Island Waste Management Corporation (IWMC) reopened its Waste Watch Drop-Off Centres on September 29, 2022, with extended hours.
- The Province has further details on debris drop-off options HERE.
The Province announced Emergency Jobs Initiative Program.
- It's for Private businesses; Non-profit organizations/cooperatives; and Municipal governments
- It provides wage subsidy funding of 100% for up to 4 weeks (40 hours per week and a maximum of $15 per hour) to aid in Hurricane Fiona's recovery and clean-up.
The Government announced a host of relief for eligible Islanders in need and a host of community-based NGOs to help people.
- You can read more about it here.
- This is only for residents living in Charlottetown.
- Charlottetown residents who have already reported damage through the Province’s online damage reporting tool are being transferred to this new program and do not need to provide their information again.
- Residents who have already paid for professional services related to cleaning up damaged and fallen trees on their property may also be eligible for the Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program for Prince Edward Island.
Note: The Province continues to update their Storm Response webpage, and we encourage you to refer to it as the relief efforts continue.