Due to COVID-19, the event has been postpone until further notice.Want a chance to win amazing prizes and get noticed by P.E.I. employers? In today's ever evolving business community, job seekers need to stand out and showcase how their skillset can benefit a business. Employers today aren't simply looking for people to fill jobs, they are looking for people who will make a lasting positive impact on their business. From now until April 7, submit your best elevator pitch telling employers why they need you on their team. What makes you stand out? How can your skillset benefit their business? Why should employers hire you?
Your pitch should highlight your search for either full-time employment or experiential learning opportunities, such as co-ops, internships, or apprenticeships.
A panel of business leaders will select the top 10 pitches and those contestants will pitch live at the #HireMePEI networking event on April 21 at Red Shores Charlottetown. There, you will meet and network with members of the business community and P.E.I. employers.
- Current post-secondary students who are graduating in 2020 (international or domestic)
- Recent graduates who graduated within the last five years (international or domestic)
- Skilled workers who moved to PEI within the last five years (international or inter provincial newcomer)
How to Submit a Pitch
Grab your smartphone and shoot a quick 45 sec. video telling employers why you should be their next hire. Think of it this way. If you met the CEO of your dream company and had only 45 sec. to introduce yourself and what you can offer; what would you say and how would you say it? How do you want them to remember you?
- Your name
- Your degree and field of work
- Whether you're in search of a full-time or experiential learning opportunity (internship, co-op)
- Your career ambitions
- The type of company you want to work with
- What makes you stand out (relevant experience, soft and hard skills)
- No more than 45 second long
- Highlight your skills and what you can offer a business
- Professional language, presentation and business attire
In other words, be yourself, but keep it professional. And remember, why should employers choose YOU to be the next member of their team?
Upload your video to YouTube and complete the following submission form. Deadline to submit your video is April 7. The top 10 pitches will also be featured on PEI Connectors social media channels.
Open to everyone! Are you a job seeker? Are you an employer? Are you looking to build connections in the business community? If you answered yes to any of those questions, this event is for you!
Save the date for the #HireMePEI networking event on March 10 at Red Shores Charlottetown for your chance to meet some of the top employers in P.E.I. The best way to find a job is to get out there and meet people in your industry - it's all about building connections.