PEI Connectors is an initiative of the Greater Charlottetown Area Chamber of Commerce. It works to sustain Prince Edward Island’s economic growth by offering support services to businesses owned and operated by immigrants. The initiative also connects new Islanders and new graduates to business and community leaders in order to grow professional networks and expand career opportunities on the Island.
PEI Connectors recognizes that although immigrant entrepreneurs and jobseekers bring extensive benefits to the provincial economy, these benefits may not be fully realized due to immigrants’ relative lack of professional contacts and limited knowledge of the Island business environment.
Accordingly, PEI Connectors offers services at no cost in English, French, Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Persian to encourage connections and provide necessary resources to job seekers and entrepreneurs. Ultimately, PEI Connectors is designed to aid integration, success, and retention of immigrants on Prince Edward Island.
MEET THE TEAM
PEI Connectors draws strength from its steering committee. This group of independent business and community leaders provides support to the management of the program, as follows:
- Advises re the strategic direction of the program
- Advises re sectors that have strong growth potential
- Advises re business/investment support programs
- Provides counsel with respect to high-level problem resolution
- Encourages the exploration of new concepts (ie: educational programing, business development activities, etc.)